The selected location is:
( 38°, 9', 22.3" N; 81°, 33', 58.3" W )
The legal description is unknown.
UTM zone 17 (X,Y) 450395 , 4223297
The elevation is 275 m ( 901 ft )
The gradient is: 13.7
The aspect direction is: 54.5
The local roughness is: 10.3
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-81.5662, 38.1562; 275 m
The state and county are West Virginia: Kanawha County 54039
The HUC is Upper Kanawha
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Central Appalachians
(more typical) 69
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- New West Hollow mouth; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.5662, 38.1562 at a distance of 3 m
- Old West Hollow mouth; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.5670, 38.1568 at a distance of 99 m
- Mill Branch mouth; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.5642, 38.1595 at a distance of 405 m
- South Hollow mouth; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.5598, 38.1557 at a distance of 560 m
- North Hollow mouth; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.5587, 38.1562 at a distance of 654 m
- Opera House Hollow head;
-81.5704, 38.1662 at a distance of 1171 m
- Opera House Hollow mouth; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.5642, 38.1682 at a distance of 1343 m
- Town Hollow mouth; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.5623, 38.1704 at a distance of 1612 m
- Dotson Fork head;
-81.5459, 38.1582 at a distance of 1790 m
- New West Hollow head;
-81.5804, 38.1445 at a distance of 1801 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
This was request number 30024107