The selected location is:
( 38°, 15', 35.3" N; 81°, 34', 15.2" W )
The legal description is unknown.
UTM zone 17 (X,Y) 450054 , 4234795
The elevation is 178 m ( 584 ft )
The gradient is: 3.2
The aspect direction is: 189.9
The local roughness is: 0.9
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-81.5709, 38.2598; 178 m
The state and county are West Virginia: Kanawha County 54039
The HUC is Upper Kanawha
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Central Appalachians
(more typical) 69
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Burning Spring Branch mouth; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.5709, 38.2598 at a distance of 3 m
- Rush Creek mouth; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.5734, 38.2618 at a distance of 314 m
- Lock 5 (historical); West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.5692, 38.2551 at a distance of 542 m
- Right Fork Rush Creek mouth; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.5784, 38.2618 at a distance of 696 m
- Dupont Junior High School; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.5684, 38.2659 at a distance of 710 m
- Marmet Locks; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.5679, 38.2537 at a distance of 725 m
- Lower Belle; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.5642, 38.2529, ( 610 ft ) at a distance of 963 m
- Dupont City; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.5654, 38.2695, ( 613 ft ) at a distance of 1178 m
- Dupont Senior High School; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.5667, 38.2701 at a distance of 1200 m
- Marmet Locks and Dam; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.5598, 38.2534 at a distance of 1201 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
This was request number 31710328