The selected location is:
( 38°, 19', 57.4" N; 81°, 37', 7.3" W )
The legal description is unknown.
UTM zone 17 (X,Y) 445926 , 4242900
The elevation is 182 m ( 597 ft )
The gradient is: 15.4
The aspect direction is: 90.0
The local roughness is: 16.7
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-81.6187, 38.3326; 182 m
The state and county are West Virginia: Kanawha County 54039
The HUC is Upper Kanawha
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Central Appalachians
(more typical) 69
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- South Ruffner; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.6187, 38.3326, ( 590 ft ) at a distance of 4 m
- Cox Hall; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.6180, 38.3326 at a distance of 65 m
- Vernon Cobb Hall; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.6176, 38.3326 at a distance of 92 m
- Benedum Hall; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.6173, 38.3323 at a distance of 123 m
- McGwiggan Public School; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.6206, 38.3340 at a distance of 230 m
- South Ruffner Presbyterian Church; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.6204, 38.3343 at a distance of 243 m
- Morris Harvey College; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.6154, 38.3332 at a distance of 292 m
- Andrew S Thomas Memorial Library; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.6152, 38.3329 at a distance of 312 m
- Dickinson Hall; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.6148, 38.3318 at a distance of 348 m
- Blackwell Field; West Virginia: Kanawha Co.
-81.6220, 38.3354 at a distance of 427 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
This was request number 30300099