The selected location is:
( 35°, 13', 21.4" N; 83°, 21', 16.6" W )
The legal description is unknown.
UTM zone 17 (X,Y) 285702 , 3900269
The elevation is 641 m ( 2102 ft )
The gradient is: 6.8
The aspect direction is: 132.1
The local roughness is: 6.8
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-83.3546, 35.2226; 641 m
The state and county are North Carolina: Macon County 37113
The HUC is Upper Little Tennessee
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Blue Ridge Mountains
(less typical) 66
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Ridge Crest Church; North Carolina: Macon Co.
-83.3546, 35.2226 at a distance of 2 m
- Oak Ridge School; North Carolina: Macon Co.
-83.3599, 35.2193 at a distance of 604 m
- Rocky Face Mine; North Carolina: Macon Co.
-83.3607, 35.2262 at a distance of 682 m
- Coon Creek mouth; North Carolina: Macon Co.
-83.3510, 35.2287 at a distance of 752 m
- Thompson Branch mouth; North Carolina: Macon Co.
-83.3616, 35.2276 at a distance of 843 m
- Dean; North Carolina: Macon Co.
-83.3596, 35.2143, ( 2220 ft ) at a distance of 1027 m
- Millshoal, Township of; North Carolina: Macon Co.
-83.3449, 35.2159 at a distance of 1156 m
- Laurel Valley Mine; North Carolina: Macon Co.
-83.3621, 35.2320, ( 2160 ft ) at a distance of 1245 m
- Rabbit Creek mouth; North Carolina: Macon Co.
-83.3635, 35.2126 at a distance of 1373 m
- Porter Bend Dam; North Carolina: Macon Co.
-83.3707, 35.2195 at a distance of 1504 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
This was request number 31760822