The selected location is:
( 35°, 31', 25.7" N; 83°, 32', 25.8" W )
The legal description is unknown.
UTM zone 17 (X,Y) 269638 , 3934102
The elevation is 894 m ( 2933 ft )
The gradient is: 44.6
The aspect direction is: 257.8
The local roughness is: 24.2
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-83.5405, 35.5238; 894 m
The state and county are North Carolina: Swain County 37173
The HUC is Tuckasegee
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Blue Ridge Mountains
(more typical) 66
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Monteith Camp; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.5407, 35.5237 at a distance of 21 m
- Huggins Creek mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.5413, 35.5229 at a distance of 123 m
- Christian Branch mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.5360, 35.5257 at a distance of 460 m
- Chokeberry Branch mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.5438, 35.5193 at a distance of 582 m
- Fern Knob; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.5477, 35.5276, ( 3810 ft ) at a distance of 776 m
- Christian Branch head;
-83.5349, 35.5340 at a distance of 1240 m
- Suli Ridge; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.5474, 35.5345 at a distance of 1341 m
- Noyah Branch mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.5474, 35.5126 at a distance of 1391 m
- Buckhorn Branch mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.5282, 35.5318 at a distance of 1426 m
- Little Steeltrap Creek mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.5277, 35.5323 at a distance of 1496 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
||Mount Le Conte
This was request number 143665902