The selected location is:
( 35°, 21', 3.2" N; 83°, 34', 0.5" W )
The legal description is unknown.
UTM zone 17 (X,Y) 266753 , 3914982
The elevation is 530 m ( 1740 ft )
The gradient is: 10.7
The aspect direction is: 333.9
The local roughness is: 5.4
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-83.5668, 35.3509; 530 m
The state and county are North Carolina: Swain County 37173
The HUC is Upper Little Tennessee
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Blue Ridge Mountains
(more typical) 66
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Watia Creek mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.5668, 35.3509 at a distance of 2 m
- Buckner Branch mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.5652, 35.3501 at a distance of 172 m
- Watia Church; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.5724, 35.3534, ( 1832 ft ) at a distance of 578 m
- Euchella Church; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.5621, 35.3454 at a distance of 746 m
- Nantahala Gorge mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.5627, 35.3570 at a distance of 773 m
- Euchella Branch mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.5677, 35.3432 at a distance of 859 m
- Bird Falls Branch mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.5696, 35.3434 at a distance of 871 m
- Buckner Branch head;
-83.5568, 35.3459 at a distance of 1067 m
- Ledbetter Cemetery; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.5635, 35.3412 at a distance of 1119 m
- Hickory Cove mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.5782, 35.3557 at a distance of 1163 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
This was request number 30148481