The selected location is:
( 35°, 30', 38.5" N; 83°, 37', 31.8" W )
The legal description is unknown.
UTM zone 17 (X,Y) 261889 , 3932850
The elevation is 1237 m ( 4058 ft )
The gradient is: 64.2
The aspect direction is: 90.3
The local roughness is: 34.5
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-83.6255, 35.5107; 1237 m
The state and county are North Carolina: Swain County 37173
The HUC is Upper Little Tennessee
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Blue Ridge Mountains
(more typical) 66
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Huggins Ridge; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6255, 35.5107 at a distance of 1 m
- Little Huggins Branch head;
-83.6266, 35.5051 at a distance of 630 m
- Sawbrier Ridge; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6341, 35.5095 at a distance of 791 m
- Rattlesnake Ridge; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6155, 35.5145 at a distance of 1001 m
- Little Huggins Branch mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6349, 35.5187 at a distance of 1230 m
- Sawbrier Branch head;
-83.6366, 35.5043 at a distance of 1232 m
- Huggins Branch mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6346, 35.5190 at a distance of 1235 m
- High Rocks; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6210, 35.4998, ( 5190 ft ) at a distance of 1278 m
- Hawk Ridge; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6141, 35.5179 at a distance of 1307 m
- Hawk Ridge Branch mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6318, 35.5215 at a distance of 1326 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
This was request number 30211146