The selected location is:
( 35°, 30', 34.2" N; 83°, 38', 2.8" W )
The legal description is unknown.
UTM zone 17 (X,Y) 261106 , 3932738
The elevation is 1207 m ( 3961 ft )
The gradient is: 63.1
The aspect direction is: 91.8
The local roughness is: 39.3
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-83.6341, 35.5095; 1207 m
The state and county are North Carolina: Swain County 37173
The HUC is Upper Little Tennessee
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Blue Ridge Mountains
(more typical) 66
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Sawbrier Ridge; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6341, 35.5095 at a distance of 1 m
- Sawbrier Branch head;
-83.6366, 35.5043 at a distance of 620 m
- Huggins Ridge; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6255, 35.5107 at a distance of 792 m
- Little Huggins Branch head;
-83.6266, 35.5051 at a distance of 838 m
- High Rock Ridge; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6355, 35.5015 at a distance of 897 m
- Wildcat Branch head;
-83.6405, 35.5029 at a distance of 935 m
- Little Huggins Branch mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6349, 35.5187 at a distance of 1023 m
- Huggins Branch mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6346, 35.5190 at a distance of 1054 m
- Calhoun Campsite; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6418, 35.5173 at a distance of 1111 m
- Bee Gum Branch mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6460, 35.5137 at a distance of 1175 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
This was request number 30037991