The selected location is:
( 35°, 30', 45.4" N; 83°, 38', 53.5" W )
The legal description is unknown.
UTM zone 17 (X,Y) 259836 , 3933116
The elevation is 834 m ( 2735 ft )
The gradient is: 31.8
The aspect direction is: 110.1
The local roughness is: 18.9
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-83.6482, 35.5126; 834 m
The state and county are North Carolina: Swain County 37173
The HUC is Upper Little Tennessee
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Blue Ridge Mountains
(more typical) 66
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Wildcat Branch mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6482, 35.5126 at a distance of 1 m
- Sawbrier Branch mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6463, 35.5134 at a distance of 194 m
- Bee Gum Branch mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6460, 35.5137 at a distance of 234 m
- Calhoun Campsite; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6418, 35.5173 at a distance of 780 m
- Bee Gum Branch head;
-83.6502, 35.5212 at a distance of 970 m
- Wildcat Branch head;
-83.6405, 35.5029 at a distance of 1284 m
- Sawbrier Ridge; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6341, 35.5095 at a distance of 1325 m
- Little Huggins Branch mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6349, 35.5187 at a distance of 1383 m
- Sawbrier Branch head;
-83.6366, 35.5043 at a distance of 1399 m
- Cold Spring Branch mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6591, 35.5034 at a distance of 1422 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
This was request number 29737970