The selected location is:
( 35°, 25', 20.3" N; 83°, 40', 53.8" W )
The legal description is unknown.
UTM zone 17 (X,Y) 256534 , 3923180
The elevation is 608 m ( 1994 ft )
The gradient is: 7.1
The aspect direction is: 67.2
The local roughness is: 4.6
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-83.6816, 35.4223; 608 m
The state and county are North Carolina: Graham County 37075
The HUC is Upper Little Tennessee
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Blue Ridge Mountains
(more typical) 66
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Owensby Branch head;
-83.6816, 35.4223 at a distance of 1 m
- Bailey Branch head;
-83.6891, 35.4170 at a distance of 900 m
- Bailey Branch mouth; North Carolina: Graham Co.
-83.6913, 35.4257 at a distance of 957 m
- Laurel Branch mouth; North Carolina: Graham Co.
-83.6710, 35.4179 at a distance of 1081 m
- Sawyer Creek mouth; North Carolina: Graham Co.
-83.6846, 35.4126 at a distance of 1111 m
- Garland Branch mouth; North Carolina: Graham Co.
-83.6943, 35.4232 at a distance of 1156 m
- Little Laurel Branch mouth; North Carolina: Graham Co.
-83.6693, 35.4187 at a distance of 1187 m
- Owensby Branch mouth; North Carolina: Graham Co.
-83.6760, 35.4329 at a distance of 1281 m
- Wildcat Gap; North Carolina: Graham Co.
-83.6796, 35.4087 at a distance of 1521 m
- Pilkey Creek mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6729, 35.4368 at a distance of 1792 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
This was request number 29599809