The selected location is:
( 35°, 29', 42.4" N; 83°, 42', 17.6" W )
The legal description is unknown.
UTM zone 17 (X,Y) 254639 , 3931314
The elevation is 984 m ( 3229 ft )
The gradient is: 85.4
The aspect direction is: 66.7
The local roughness is: 49.5
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-83.7049, 35.4951; 984 m
The state and county are North Carolina: Swain County 37173
The HUC is Upper Little Tennessee
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Blue Ridge Mountains
(more typical) 66
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Horseshoe Ridge; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.7049, 35.4951 at a distance of 1 m
- Little Fork mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.7088, 35.5018 at a distance of 822 m
- Higdon Cemetery; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6957, 35.4990 at a distance of 941 m
- Sugar Fork mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6946, 35.4987 at a distance of 1017 m
- Horseshoe, The; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.7143, 35.4876 at a distance of 1192 m
- Haw Gap Branch mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6891, 35.4940 at a distance of 1440 m
- Flint Spring Gap; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.7193, 35.5070 at a distance of 1856 m
- Sandy Gap Branch mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6949, 35.4804 at a distance of 1867 m
- Tali Gap; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.7085, 35.5120 at a distance of 1903 m
- Pine Gap Branch mouth; North Carolina: Swain Co.
-83.6974, 35.4790 at a distance of 1912 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
This was request number 31747843