The selected location is:
( 44°, 14', 10.0" N; 96°, 28', 52.0" W )
The legal description is: South Dakota, Fifth Principal Meridian T109N,R47W,sec21
UTM zone 14 (X,Y) 701150 , 4901182
The elevation is 533 m ( 1748 ft )
The gradient is: 0.4
The aspect direction is: 123.8
The local roughness is: 0.4
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-96.4811, 44.2361; 533 m
The state and county are South Dakota: Brookings County 46011
The HUC is Upper Big Sioux
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Northern Glaciated Plains
(less typical) 46
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Elkton; South Dakota: Brookings Co.
-96.4811, 44.2361, ( 1751 ft ) at a distance of 4 m
- Elkton, City of; South Dakota: Brookings Co.
-96.4800, 44.2344 at a distance of 211 m
- Saint Marys Cemetery; South Dakota: Brookings Co.
-96.4664, 44.2342, ( 1763 ft ) at a distance of 1192 m
- Elkton, Township of; South Dakota: Brookings Co.
-96.4795, 44.2250 at a distance of 1243 m
- Trinity Cemetery; South Dakota: Brookings Co.
-96.4870, 44.2172 at a distance of 2156 m
- Stolz Cemetery; Minnesota: Lincoln Co.
-96.4039, 44.2622 at a distance of 6811 m
- Hillside Colony; South Dakota: Brookings Co.
-96.5206, 44.2922, ( 1710 ft ) at a distance of 6983 m
- Groveland (historical); South Dakota: Moody Co.
-96.4714, 44.1703, ( 1710 ft ) at a distance of 7356 m
- Parnell, Township of; South Dakota: Brookings Co.
-96.5836, 44.2681 at a distance of 8926 m
- Ward, Town of; South Dakota: Moody Co.
-96.4611, 44.1553 at a distance of 9122 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
||Lake Benton SW
This was request number 30230375