The selected location is:
( 43°, 13', 18.1" N; 96°, 29', 24.0" W )
The legal description is: South Dakota, Fifth Principal Meridian T97N,R48W,sec14
UTM zone 14 (X,Y) 703853 , 4788493
The elevation is 368 m ( 1207 ft )
The gradient is: 5.3
The aspect direction is: 87.7
The local roughness is: 2.1
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-96.4900, 43.2217; 368 m
The state and county are Iowa: Sioux County 19167
The HUC is Lower Big Sioux
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Northern Glaciated Plains
(less typical) 46
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Fairview; South Dakota: Lincoln Co.
-96.4900, 43.2217, ( 1213 ft ) at a distance of 2 m
- Fairview, Town of; South Dakota: Lincoln Co.
-96.4892, 43.2222 at a distance of 84 m
- Settlers, Township of; Iowa: Sioux Co.
-96.4909, 43.2269 at a distance of 581 m
- Fairview (historical); South Dakota: Lincoln Co.
-96.4881, 43.2125, ( 1255 ft ) at a distance of 1035 m
- Bethany Cemetery; South Dakota: Lincoln Co.
-96.5056, 43.2144 at a distance of 1507 m
- Big Sioux Public Hunting Area; Iowa: Sioux Co.
-96.4684, 43.2025 at a distance of 2763 m
- Farmers Post Office (historical); Iowa: Sioux Co.
-96.4703, 43.2433 at a distance of 2882 m
- Fairview Cemetery; South Dakota: Lincoln Co.
-96.4895, 43.1928 at a distance of 3213 m
- Sunrise School; Iowa: Sioux Co.
-96.5106, 43.2511 at a distance of 3669 m
- Fairview, Township of; South Dakota: Lincoln Co.
-96.5197, 43.1919 at a distance of 4099 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
This was request number 30119778