The selected location is:
( 42°, 49', 23.9" N; 96°, 32', 15.0" W )
The legal description is: South Dakota, Fifth Principal Meridian T93N,R48W,sec32
UTM zone 14 (X,Y) 701293 , 4744134
The elevation is 382 m ( 1254 ft )
The gradient is: 4.4
The aspect direction is: 88.2
The local roughness is: 1.8
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-96.5375, 42.8233; 382 m
The state and county are Iowa: Plymouth County 19149
The HUC is Lower Big Sioux
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Northern Glaciated Plains
(less typical) 46
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Saint Josephs Cemetery; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.5375, 42.8233 at a distance of 2 m
- Riverside Cemetery; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.5456, 42.8367 at a distance of 1629 m
- Akron; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.5595, 42.8289 at a distance of 1904 m
- Beaver Creek mouth; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.5481, 42.8411 at a distance of 2159 m
- Akron Municipal Airport; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.5631, 42.8058, ( 1143 ft ) at a distance of 2858 m
- Big Sioux County Park; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.5445, 42.8494 at a distance of 2955 m
- Union Creek mouth; South Dakota: Union Co.
-96.5828, 42.8356 at a distance of 3949 m
- Portland, Township of; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.4986, 42.8589 at a distance of 5074 m
- Westfield, Township of; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.5372, 42.7722 at a distance of 5677 m
- Westfield Creek head;
-96.4500, 42.8275 at a distance of 7170 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
||Elk Point NE
This was request number 30282949