The selected location is:
( 42°, 50', 12.1" N; 96°, 32', 44.2" W )
The legal description is: South Dakota, Fifth Principal Meridian T93N,R48W,sec29
UTM zone 14 (X,Y) 700588 , 4745603
The elevation is 366 m ( 1200 ft )
The gradient is: 1.5
The aspect direction is: 59.1
The local roughness is: 1.6
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-96.5456, 42.8367; 366 m
The state and county are Iowa: Plymouth County 19149
The HUC is Lower Big Sioux
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Northern Glaciated Plains
(less typical) 46
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Riverside Cemetery; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.5456, 42.8367 at a distance of 2 m
- Beaver Creek mouth; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.5481, 42.8411 at a distance of 529 m
- Big Sioux County Park; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.5445, 42.8494 at a distance of 1413 m
- Akron; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.5595, 42.8289 at a distance of 1430 m
- Saint Josephs Cemetery; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.5375, 42.8233 at a distance of 1630 m
- Union Creek mouth; South Dakota: Union Co.
-96.5828, 42.8356 at a distance of 3045 m
- Akron Municipal Airport; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.5631, 42.8058, ( 1143 ft ) at a distance of 3720 m
- Portland, Township of; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.4986, 42.8589 at a distance of 4565 m
- Mount Hope Cemetery; South Dakota: Union Co.
-96.5670, 42.8886 at a distance of 6024 m
- Indian Creek mouth; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.5259, 42.8900 at a distance of 6135 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
||Elk Point NE
This was request number 29591853