The selected location is:
( 42°, 50', 28.0" N; 96°, 32', 53.2" W )
The legal description is: South Dakota, Fifth Principal Meridian T93N,R48W,sec30
UTM zone 14 (X,Y) 700369 , 4746085
The elevation is 350 m ( 1149 ft )
The gradient is: 1.3
The aspect direction is: 132.1
The local roughness is: 2.3
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-96.5481, 42.8411; 350 m
The state and county are Iowa: Plymouth County 19149
The HUC is Lower Big Sioux
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Northern Glaciated Plains
(less typical) 46
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Beaver Creek mouth; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.5481, 42.8411 at a distance of 1 m
- Riverside Cemetery; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.5456, 42.8367 at a distance of 530 m
- Big Sioux County Park; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.5445, 42.8494 at a distance of 967 m
- Akron; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.5595, 42.8289 at a distance of 1646 m
- Saint Josephs Cemetery; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.5375, 42.8233 at a distance of 2159 m
- Union Creek mouth; South Dakota: Union Co.
-96.5828, 42.8356 at a distance of 2903 m
- Akron Municipal Airport; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.5631, 42.8058, ( 1143 ft ) at a distance of 4110 m
- Mount Hope Cemetery; South Dakota: Union Co.
-96.5670, 42.8886 at a distance of 5498 m
- Indian Creek mouth; Iowa: Plymouth Co.
-96.5259, 42.8900 at a distance of 5726 m
- Union Creek Church; South Dakota: Union Co.
-96.5861, 42.8906 at a distance of 6315 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
||Elk Point NE
This was request number 29903426