The selected location is:
( 42°, 58', 55.9" N; 96°, 34', 19.2" W )
The legal description is: South Dakota, Fifth Principal Meridian T94N,R49W,sec1
UTM zone 14 (X,Y) 697964 , 4761699
The elevation is 427 m ( 1401 ft )
The gradient is: 0.0
There is no aspect direction.
The local roughness is: 0.0
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-96.5720, 42.9822; 427 m
The state and county are South Dakota: Union County 46127
The HUC is Lower Big Sioux
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Northern Glaciated Plains
(less typical) 46
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Scott Creek head;
-96.5720, 42.9822 at a distance of 2 m
- South Branch Green Creek head;
-96.5784, 42.9833 at a distance of 537 m
- Erickson Cemetery; South Dakota: Union Co.
-96.5889, 43.0114, ( 1449 ft ) at a distance of 3524 m
- East Union Creek head;
-96.5925, 43.0131 at a distance of 3817 m
- School Number 66 (historical); South Dakota: Union Co.
-96.5475, 42.9528 at a distance of 3830 m
- Big Spring Church (historical); South Dakota: Union Co.
-96.6086, 42.9556 at a distance of 4202 m
- Old Big Springs Cemetery; South Dakota: Union Co.
-96.5872, 42.9456, ( 1376 ft ) at a distance of 4252 m
- Green Creek mouth; South Dakota: Union Co.
-96.5175, 42.9856 at a distance of 4460 m
- South Branch Green Creek mouth; South Dakota: Union Co.
-96.5272, 43.0075 at a distance of 4608 m
- West Union Creek head;
-96.6334, 42.9864 at a distance of 5031 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
This was request number 30084331