The selected location is:
( 43°, 17', 10.0" N; 96°, 35', 49.9" W )
The legal description is: South Dakota, Fifth Principal Meridian T98N,R49W,sec23
UTM zone 14 (X,Y) 694941 , 4795390
The elevation is 378 m ( 1241 ft )
The gradient is: 1.2
The aspect direction is: 331.4
The local roughness is: 0.5
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-96.5972, 43.2861; 378 m
The state and county are South Dakota: Lincoln County 46083
The HUC is Lower Big Sioux
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Northern Glaciated Plains
(more typical) 46
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- South Beaver Creek mouth; South Dakota: Lincoln Co.
-96.5972, 43.2861 at a distance of 3 m
- Beaver Creek mouth; South Dakota: Lincoln Co.
-96.5864, 43.2744 at a distance of 1569 m
- Canton; South Dakota: Lincoln Co.
-96.5928, 43.3008, ( 1300 ft ) at a distance of 1669 m
- Beloit; Iowa: Lyon Co.
-96.5747, 43.2814 at a distance of 1898 m
- Canton, Township of; South Dakota: Lincoln Co.
-96.6186, 43.2936 at a distance of 1927 m
- Canton, City of; South Dakota: Lincoln Co.
-96.5811, 43.3031 at a distance of 2294 m
- Augustana Academy; South Dakota: Lincoln Co.
-96.5786, 43.3036 at a distance of 2459 m
- Lawrence School; South Dakota: Lincoln Co.
-96.5817, 43.3072 at a distance of 2658 m
- Little Beaver Creek mouth; South Dakota: Lincoln Co.
-96.5759, 43.2675 at a distance of 2695 m
- Forest Hill Cemetery; South Dakota: Lincoln Co.
-96.6311, 43.2944 at a distance of 2903 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
This was request number 30248927