The selected location is:
( 44°, 8', 17.2" N; 96°, 52', 10.9" W )
The legal description is: South Dakota, Fifth Principal Meridian T108N,R50W,sec30
UTM zone 14 (X,Y) 670400 , 4889418
The elevation is 493 m ( 1616 ft )
The gradient is: 2.9
The aspect direction is: 178.6
The local roughness is: 2.2
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-96.8697, 44.1381; 493 m
The state and county are South Dakota: Moody County 46101
The HUC is Upper Big Sioux
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Northern Glaciated Plains
(less typical) 46
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Lampson School; South Dakota: Moody Co.
-96.8697, 44.1381, ( 1623 ft ) at a distance of 5 m
- Mount Auburn Cemetery; South Dakota: Moody Co.
-96.8686, 44.1108 at a distance of 3038 m
- McCurdy School; South Dakota: Moody Co.
-96.8292, 44.1314, ( 1688 ft ) at a distance of 3323 m
- Fremont, Township of; South Dakota: Moody Co.
-96.8192, 44.1456 at a distance of 4123 m
- South Lake Campbell Cemetery; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9181, 44.1669, ( 1676 ft ) at a distance of 5024 m
- West Lake Cemetery; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9192, 44.1661 at a distance of 5036 m
- Dyce Post Office (historical); South Dakota: Moody Co.
-96.8684, 44.0911, ( 1690 ft ) at a distance of 5227 m
- Olson Cemetery; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9272, 44.1644 at a distance of 5451 m
- Bethel Presbyterian Church (historical); South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.8920, 44.0906 at a distance of 5576 m
- Summit, Township of; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9386, 44.1458 at a distance of 5582 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
This was request number 30254260