The selected location is:
( 43°, 53', 42.0" N; 96°, 55', 35.0" W )
The legal description is: South Dakota, Fifth Principal Meridian T105N,R51W,sec14
UTM zone 14 (X,Y) 666543 , 4862301
The elevation is 483 m ( 1584 ft )
The gradient is: 1.0
The aspect direction is: 240.8
The local roughness is: 0.5
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-96.9264, 43.8950; 483 m
The state and county are South Dakota: Lake County 46079
The HUC is Lower Big Sioux
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Northern Glaciated Plains
(less typical) 46
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Chester; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9264, 43.8950, ( 1600 ft ) at a distance of 4 m
- Pleasant Hill Cemetery; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9336, 43.8914 at a distance of 707 m
- Chester, Township of; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9384, 43.8858 at a distance of 1410 m
- Saranac (historical); South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9461, 43.8944 at a distance of 1587 m
- Buffalo Slough State Game Refuge; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9422, 43.8817 at a distance of 1953 m
- Buffalo Slough; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9417, 43.8753 at a distance of 2514 m
- Brant Lake (historical), Township of; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9589, 43.8847 at a distance of 2855 m
- Buffalo Creek mouth; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.8970, 43.8781 at a distance of 3018 m
- Spring Lake; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9253, 43.8667, ( 1574 ft ) at a distance of 3149 m
- Brant Lake; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9472, 43.9208, ( 1594 ft ) at a distance of 3317 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
|Buffalo Trading Post
This was request number 29886609