The selected location is:
( 44°, 1', 0.1" N; 96°, 55', 48.0" W )
The legal description is: South Dakota, Fifth Principal Meridian T106N,R51W,sec3
UTM zone 14 (X,Y) 665915 , 4875811
The elevation is 501 m ( 1645 ft )
The gradient is: 1.3
The aspect direction is: 178.0
The local roughness is: 0.7
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-96.9300, 44.0167; 501 m
The state and county are South Dakota: Lake County 46079
The HUC is Lower Big Sioux
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Northern Glaciated Plains
(less typical) 46
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Bachelor Creek head;
-96.9300, 44.0167 at a distance of 4 m
- Milwaukee Lake; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9625, 44.0183 at a distance of 2614 m
- Wentworth (historical), Township of; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9611, 43.9992 at a distance of 3167 m
- Wentworth; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9642, 43.9972, ( 1680 ft ) at a distance of 3499 m
- Wentworth, Village of; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9647, 43.9969 at a distance of 3552 m
- Egge Post Office (historical); South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9536, 44.0528, ( 1680 ft ) at a distance of 4433 m
- Zimmerman Slough; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9106, 44.0544 at a distance of 4465 m
- Macey Hill; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9220, 44.0569, ( 1700 ft ) at a distance of 4509 m
- Rose Hill Cemetery; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9753, 43.9919 at a distance of 4564 m
- Rutland, Township of; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9386, 44.0589 at a distance of 4737 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
This was request number 29757433