The selected location is:
( 43°, 53', 57.1" N; 96°, 59', 2.0" W )
The legal description is: South Dakota, Fifth Principal Meridian T105N,R51W,sec17
UTM zone 14 (X,Y) 661914 , 4862653
The elevation is 485 m ( 1591 ft )
The gradient is: 0.0
There is no aspect direction.
The local roughness is: 0.0
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-96.9839, 43.8992; 485 m
The state and county are South Dakota: Lake County 46079
The HUC is Lower Big Sioux
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Northern Glaciated Plains
(less typical) 46
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- North Buffalo Creek mouth; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9839, 43.8992 at a distance of 4 m
- Prospect Cemetery; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9692, 43.8997, ( 1599 ft ) at a distance of 1179 m
- Negro Creek mouth; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9972, 43.9167 at a distance of 2217 m
- Brant Lake (historical), Township of; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9589, 43.8847 at a distance of 2575 m
- Skunk Creek head;
-96.9631, 43.9200 at a distance of 2848 m
- Saranac (historical); South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9461, 43.8944 at a distance of 3081 m
- Wolf Drain mouth; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-97.0247, 43.9056 at a distance of 3356 m
- Franklin Cemetery; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-97.0286, 43.8919, ( 1675 ft ) at a distance of 3685 m
- Brant Lake; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9472, 43.9208, ( 1594 ft ) at a distance of 3797 m
- Buffalo Slough State Game Refuge; South Dakota: Lake Co.
-96.9422, 43.8817 at a distance of 3873 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
|Buffalo Trading Post
This was request number 30390231