The selected location is:
( 43°, 1', 58.1" N; 98°, 58', 48.4" W )
The legal description is: South Dakota, Fifth Principal Meridian T95N,R69W,sec23
UTM zone 14 (X,Y) 501621 , 4764457
The elevation is 578 m ( 1897 ft )
The gradient is: 1.5
The aspect direction is: 8.4
The local roughness is: 1.5
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-98.9801, 43.0328; 578 m
The state and county are South Dakota: Gregory County 46053
The HUC is Ponca
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Northeastern Great Plains
(less typical) 45
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Pleasant Valley Cemetery; South Dakota: Gregory Co.
-98.9801, 43.0328 at a distance of 3 m
- Pleasant Valley, Township of; South Dakota: Gregory Co.
-98.9918, 43.0319 at a distance of 956 m
- Bonesteel Lake; South Dakota: Gregory Co.
-99.0023, 43.0717, ( 1991 ft ) at a distance of 4683 m
- Bonesteel Lake Dam; South Dakota: Gregory Co.
-99.0023, 43.0717 at a distance of 4683 m
- Fairfax (historical), Township of; South Dakota: Gregory Co.
-98.9129, 43.0314 at a distance of 5482 m
- Bonesteel; South Dakota: Gregory Co.
-98.9446, 43.0764, ( 1963 ft ) at a distance of 5643 m
- Bonesteel, City of; South Dakota: Gregory Co.
-98.9473, 43.0781 at a distance of 5699 m
- School Number 2; Nebraska: Boyd Co.
-98.9787, 42.9806 at a distance of 5800 m
- Saint Marys Cemetery; South Dakota: Gregory Co.
-98.9418, 43.0817 at a distance of 6266 m
- Houston Springs; South Dakota: Gregory Co.
-98.9329, 43.0775 at a distance of 6282 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
||South Scalp Creek
This was request number 30029956