The selected location is:
( 44°, 53', 42.0" N; 100°, 21', 27.4" W )
The legal description is: South Dakota, Fifth Principal Meridian T116N,R79W,sec4
UTM zone 14 (X,Y) 392805 , 4972183
The elevation is 531 m ( 1741 ft )
The gradient is: 19.8
The aspect direction is: 247.3
The local roughness is: 16.5
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-100.3576, 44.8950; 531 m
The state and county are South Dakota: Sully County 46119
The HUC is Lower Lake Oahe
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Northwestern Great Plains
(less typical) 43
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Spring Draw mouth; South Dakota: Sully Co.
-100.3576, 44.8950 at a distance of 2 m
- Artichoke Creek mouth; South Dakota: Sully Co.
-100.3621, 44.8861 at a distance of 1053 m
- Sutton Bay Recreation Area; South Dakota: Sully Co.
-100.3557, 44.8803 at a distance of 1642 m
- Spring Draw head;
-100.3657, 44.9136 at a distance of 2163 m
- Vivian, Township of; South Dakota: Lyman Co.
-100.3060, 44.8906 at a distance of 4104 m
- South Forest City, Township of; South Dakota: Potter Co.
-100.3587, 44.9350 at a distance of 4444 m
- Troy Lake; South Dakota: Sully Co.
-100.3248, 44.8625 at a distance of 4446 m
- Artichoke Butte; South Dakota: Sully Co.
-100.3504, 44.8525, ( 2011 ft ) at a distance of 4759 m
- Troy, Township of; South Dakota: Sully Co.
-100.3557, 44.8436 at a distance of 5716 m
- Alberts Creek mouth; South Dakota: Dewey Co.
-100.4262, 44.8619 at a distance of 6552 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
|Patch Skin Buttes SW
||Patch Skin Buttes SE
|Artichoke Butte NW
||Artichoke Butte NE
|Artichoke Butte SW
This was request number 31712153