The selected location is:
( 44°, 45', 7.9" N; 100°, 40', 53.4" W )
The legal description is: South Dakota, Black Hills Meridian T9N,R28E,sec11
UTM zone 14 (X,Y) 366902 , 4956799
The elevation is 494 m ( 1621 ft )
The gradient is: 0.0
There is no aspect direction.
The local roughness is: 0.0
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-100.6815, 44.7522; 494 m
The state and county are South Dakota: Stanley County 46117
The HUC is Lower Lake Oahe
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Northwestern Great Plains
(less typical) 43
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Little Bend; South Dakota: Sully Co.
-100.6815, 44.7522, ( 1608 ft ) at a distance of 2 m
- Little Bend (historical); South Dakota: Sully Co.
-100.6654, 44.7500, ( 1460 ft ) at a distance of 1297 m
- Sand Creek mouth; South Dakota: Stanley Co.
-100.6737, 44.7336 at a distance of 2159 m
- Cheyenne River mouth; Wyoming: Niobrara Co.
-100.7004, 44.7667 at a distance of 2198 m
- Walter Thompson Dam; South Dakota: Stanley Co.
-100.7004, 44.7317 at a distance of 2728 m
- Sand Creek head;
-100.7137, 44.7372 at a distance of 3049 m
- Mission Creek mouth; South Dakota: Stanley Co.
-100.6871, 44.7222 at a distance of 3366 m
- Cheyenne River mouth; South Dakota: Dewey Co.
-100.7176, 44.7708 at a distance of 3528 m
- Little Bend Post Office (historical); South Dakota: Sully Co.
-100.7115, 44.7772 at a distance of 3654 m
- Little Bend, Township of; South Dakota: Sully Co.
-100.6812, 44.7856 at a distance of 3709 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
||No Heart Creek
||No Heart Creek NE
||No Heart Creek SW
||No Heart Creek SE
||Iron Post Buttes
||Mail Shack Creek
This was request number 29794779