The selected location is:
( 44°, 37', 57.0" N; 101°, 14', 3.5" W )
The legal description is: South Dakota, Black Hills Meridian T8N,R24E,sec28
UTM zone 14 (X,Y) 322780 , 4944555
The elevation is 549 m ( 1801 ft )
The gradient is: 0.0
There is no aspect direction.
The local roughness is: 0.0
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-101.2343, 44.6325; 549 m
The state and county are South Dakota: Haakon County 46055
The HUC is Lower Lake Oahe
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Northwestern Great Plains
(more typical) 43
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- West Fork Hermaphrodite Creek mouth; South Dakota: Haakon Co.
-101.2343, 44.6325 at a distance of 3 m
- Lone Tree Creek mouth; South Dakota: Haakon Co.
-101.2318, 44.6242 at a distance of 945 m
- Jordan Ranch; South Dakota: Haakon Co.
-101.2412, 44.6431 at a distance of 1298 m
- Westbrook Draw head;
-101.2082, 44.6406 at a distance of 2255 m
- Alleman Ranch; South Dakota: Haakon Co.
-101.1837, 44.6192 at a distance of 4278 m
- School Section Number 5 Dam; South Dakota: Haakon Co.
-101.2921, 44.6133 at a distance of 5062 m
- Whiteman Ranch; South Dakota: Haakon Co.
-101.2240, 44.5819, ( 1867 ft ) at a distance of 5684 m
- Westbrook Draw mouth; South Dakota: Haakon Co.
-101.2137, 44.6836 at a distance of 5907 m
- Sage Creek head;
-101.1693, 44.6047 at a distance of 6012 m
- Feeney Draw mouth; South Dakota: Haakon Co.
-101.2657, 44.6819 at a distance of 6027 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
|High Elk Hill SE
||Herbert Creek SW
||Herbert Creek SE
This was request number 30181959