The selected location is:
( 44°, 37', 34.0" N; 101°, 18', 12.6" W )
The legal description is: South Dakota, Black Hills Meridian T8N,R23E,sec26
UTM zone 14 (X,Y) 317272 , 4943997
The elevation is 641 m ( 2104 ft )
The gradient is: 4.3
The aspect direction is: 91.9
The local roughness is: 3.1
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-101.3035, 44.6261; 641 m
The state and county are South Dakota: Haakon County 46055
The HUC is Lower Cheyenne
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Northwestern Great Plains
(more typical) 43
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Hamilton Airstrip; South Dakota: Haakon Co.
-101.3035, 44.6261, ( 2130 ft ) at a distance of 3 m
- Hamilton Irrigation Dam; South Dakota: Haakon Co.
-101.3054, 44.6250 at a distance of 197 m
- Robbs Flat School; South Dakota: Haakon Co.
-101.3165, 44.6183, ( 2134 ft ) at a distance of 1350 m
- Feeney Draw head;
-101.3023, 44.6136 at a distance of 1393 m
- School Section Number 5 Dam; South Dakota: Haakon Co.
-101.2921, 44.6133 at a distance of 1686 m
- Robbs Flat Cemetery; South Dakota: Haakon Co.
-101.3171, 44.6114, ( 2138 ft ) at a distance of 1961 m
- Robbs Draw head;
-101.3282, 44.6192 at a distance of 2107 m
- Robbs Flat; South Dakota: Haakon Co.
-101.3254, 44.6131 at a distance of 2263 m
- K Briggs Ranch; South Dakota: Haakon Co.
-101.3301, 44.6581 at a distance of 4135 m
- Elwood (historical); South Dakota: Haakon Co.
-101.3546, 44.6042, ( 2150 ft ) at a distance of 4733 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
|High Elk Hill SW
||High Elk Hill SE
||Herbert Creek SW
|Cherry Creek NW
This was request number 29815346