The selected location is:
( 37°, 40', 41.9" N; 103°, 30', 45.7" W )
The legal description is: Colorado, Sixth Principal Meridian T27S,R54W,sec19
UTM zone 13 (X,Y) 631153 , 4171163
The elevation is 1418 m ( 4652 ft )
The gradient is: 6.8
The aspect direction is: 170.8
The local roughness is: 6.3
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-103.5127, 37.6783; 1418 m
The state and county are Colorado: Otero County 8089
The HUC is Purgatoire
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Southwestern Tableland
(more typical) 26
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Penitenta Canyon head;
-103.5127, 37.6783 at a distance of 2 m
- Horse Canyon head;
-103.4997, 37.6717 at a distance of 1360 m
- Penitenta Canyon mouth; Colorado: Otero Co.
-103.5277, 37.6908 at a distance of 1918 m
- Terrel Canyon mouth; Colorado: Otero Co.
-103.5308, 37.6678 at a distance of 1975 m
- Anderson Canyon mouth; Colorado: Otero Co.
-103.5322, 37.6672 at a distance of 2115 m
- Penitenta Church; Colorado: Otero Co.
-103.5233, 37.6997 at a distance of 2553 m
- Horse Canyon mouth; Colorado: Otero Co.
-103.5022, 37.7003 at a distance of 2613 m
- Riley Canyon mouth; Colorado: Otero Co.
-103.5405, 37.6872 at a distance of 2644 m
- Last Chance Canyon mouth; Colorado: Otero Co.
-103.5183, 37.6539 at a distance of 2751 m
- School Section Canyon mouth; Colorado: Otero Co.
-103.4877, 37.6953 at a distance of 2904 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
|La Junta SW
||La Junta SE
|O V Mesa
This was request number 29621274