The selected location is:
( 47°, 18', 32.0" N; 103°, 31', 43.0" W )
The legal description is: North Dakota, Fifth Principal Meridian T144N,R101W,sec7
UTM zone 13 (X,Y) 611217 , 5240542
The elevation is 709 m ( 2326 ft )
The gradient is: 17.0
The aspect direction is: 22.9
The local roughness is: 12.7
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-103.5286, 47.3089; 709 m
The state and county are North Dakota: Billings County 38007
The HUC is Lower Little Missouri
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Northwestern Great Plains
(less typical) 43
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Devils Pass Oil Field; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.5286, 47.3089, ( 2664 ft ) at a distance of 3 m
- Devils Pass; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.5372, 47.2956 at a distance of 1613 m
- Sand Creek mouth; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.5141, 47.3203 at a distance of 1679 m
- Cedar Top Butte; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.5011, 47.3022, ( 2569 ft ) at a distance of 2211 m
- Fantail Creek head;
-103.5613, 47.2956 at a distance of 2878 m
- Big Top Mesa; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.4880, 47.3022, ( 2450 ft ) at a distance of 3161 m
- Anderson Butte; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.5099, 47.2817, ( 2619 ft ) at a distance of 3338 m
- Buckhorn Oil Field; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.5733, 47.3081, ( 2616 ft ) at a distance of 3379 m
- Big Top Research Natural Area; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.4836, 47.3039, ( 2493 ft ) at a distance of 3450 m
- Hanks Gully mouth; North Dakota: McKenzie Co.
-103.5569, 47.3400 at a distance of 4066 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
||Ice Box Canyon
|Roosevelt Creek West
||Roosevelt Creek East
This was request number 31716587