The selected location is:
( 47°, 18', 29.2" N; 103°, 34', 23.9" W )
The legal description is: North Dakota, Fifth Principal Meridian T144N,R102W,sec11
UTM zone 13 (X,Y) 607839 , 5240390
The elevation is 740 m ( 2429 ft )
The gradient is: 17.0
The aspect direction is: 104.8
The local roughness is: 7.6
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-103.5733, 47.3081; 740 m
The state and county are North Dakota: Billings County 38007
The HUC is Middle Little Missouri
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Northwestern Great Plains
(less typical) 43
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Buckhorn Oil Field; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.5733, 47.3081, ( 2616 ft ) at a distance of 3 m
- Buckhorn Creek head;
-103.5813, 47.2983 at a distance of 1244 m
- Fantail Creek head;
-103.5613, 47.2956 at a distance of 1660 m
- Devils Pass; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.5372, 47.2956 at a distance of 3065 m
- Devils Pass Oil Field; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.5286, 47.3089, ( 2664 ft ) at a distance of 3384 m
- Whitetail Creek mouth; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.6088, 47.2844 at a distance of 3759 m
- Hanks Gully mouth; North Dakota: McKenzie Co.
-103.5569, 47.3400 at a distance of 3759 m
- Buckhorn Butte; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.6236, 47.3036, ( 2727 ft ) at a distance of 3834 m
- Rough Rider Oilfield; North Dakota: McKenzie Co.
-103.5672, 47.3431, ( 2120 ft ) at a distance of 3920 m
- Blacktail Creek mouth; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.6141, 47.2861 at a distance of 3935 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
||Ice Box Canyon
|Roosevelt Creek West
||Roosevelt Creek East
This was request number 29987087