The selected location is:
( 47°, 17', 3.8" N; 103°, 36', 31.7" W )
The legal description is: North Dakota, Fifth Principal Meridian T144N,R102W,sec21
UTM zone 13 (X,Y) 605203 , 5237708
The elevation is 661 m ( 2169 ft )
The gradient is: 1.5
The aspect direction is: 100.6
The local roughness is: 1.2
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-103.6088, 47.2844; 661 m
The state and county are North Dakota: Billings County 38007
The HUC is Middle Little Missouri
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Northwestern Great Plains
(less typical) 43
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Whitetail Creek mouth; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.6088, 47.2844 at a distance of 3 m
- Blacktail Creek mouth; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.6141, 47.2861 at a distance of 442 m
- Morgan Draw mouth; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.6277, 47.3014 at a distance of 2369 m
- Buckhorn Butte; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.6236, 47.3036, ( 2727 ft ) at a distance of 2411 m
- J Tescher Ranch; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.6074, 47.2611, ( 2160 ft ) at a distance of 2591 m
- Buckhorn Creek head;
-103.5813, 47.2983 at a distance of 2594 m
- Buckhorn Creek mouth; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.6263, 47.3125 at a distance of 3393 m
- L Connell Ranch; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.5927, 47.2544, ( 2000 ft ) at a distance of 3550 m
- Elkhorn Ranch State Historic Site; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.6241, 47.2528, ( 2200 ft ) at a distance of 3697 m
- Buckhorn Oil Field; North Dakota: Billings Co.
-103.5733, 47.3081, ( 2616 ft ) at a distance of 3765 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
||Ice Box Canyon
|Roosevelt Creek West
||Roosevelt Creek East
This was request number 29916163