The selected location is:
( 33°, 21', 20.9" N; 116°, 28', 41.9" W )
The legal description is: California, San Bernardino Meridian T9S,R5E,sec32
UTM zone 11 (X,Y) 548539 , 3690854
The elevation is 550 m ( 1804 ft )
The gradient is: 3.8
The aspect direction is: 78.3
The local roughness is: 11.4
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-116.4783, 33.3558; 550 m
The state and county are California: San Diego County 6073
The HUC is Salton Sea
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Southern Basin and Range
(less typical) 14
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Cougar Canyon mouth; California: San Diego Co.
-116.4783, 33.3558 at a distance of 6 m
- Sheep Canyon Ranger Station; California: San Diego Co.
-116.4809, 33.3658 at a distance of 1138 m
- Sheep Canyon mouth; California: San Diego Co.
-116.4777, 33.3667 at a distance of 1214 m
- South Fork Sheep Canyon mouth; California: San Diego Co.
-116.4850, 33.3658 at a distance of 1278 m
- Bennis Bowl; California: San Diego Co.
-116.4861, 33.3453 at a distance of 1371 m
- Indian Canyon mouth; California: San Diego Co.
-116.4708, 33.3697 at a distance of 1694 m
- Deering Canyon mouth; California: San Diego Co.
-116.4850, 33.3414 at a distance of 1713 m
- Valley of the Thousand Springs; California: San Diego Co.
-116.4908, 33.3444 at a distance of 1718 m
- Deering Canyon head;
-116.4986, 33.3333 at a distance of 3130 m
- South Fork Salvador Canyon head;
-116.4930, 33.3839 at a distance of 3409 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
||Clark Lake NE
|Hot Springs Mountain
||Borrego Palm Canyon
This was request number 30043006