The selected location is:
( 33°, 20', 29.0" N; 116°, 29', 6.0" W )
The legal description is: California, San Bernardino Meridian T9S,R5E,sec32
UTM zone 11 (X,Y) 547923 , 3689254
The elevation is 722 m ( 2369 ft )
The gradient is: 21.5
The aspect direction is: 25.5
The local roughness is: 18.2
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-116.4850, 33.3414; 722 m
The state and county are California: San Diego County 6073
The HUC is Salton Sea
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Southern Basin and Range
(less typical) 14
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Deering Canyon mouth; California: San Diego Co.
-116.4850, 33.3414 at a distance of 6 m
- Bennis Bowl; California: San Diego Co.
-116.4861, 33.3453 at a distance of 449 m
- Valley of the Thousand Springs; California: San Diego Co.
-116.4908, 33.3444 at a distance of 640 m
- Deering Canyon head;
-116.4986, 33.3333 at a distance of 1554 m
- Cougar Canyon mouth; California: San Diego Co.
-116.4783, 33.3558 at a distance of 1717 m
- South Fork Sheep Canyon mouth; California: San Diego Co.
-116.4850, 33.3658 at a distance of 2710 m
- Sheep Canyon Ranger Station; California: San Diego Co.
-116.4809, 33.3658 at a distance of 2737 m
- Palm Mesa; California: San Diego Co.
-116.4633, 33.3236, ( 4780 ft ) at a distance of 2819 m
- Sheep Canyon mouth; California: San Diego Co.
-116.4777, 33.3667 at a distance of 2890 m
- Indian Canyon head;
-116.4886, 33.3147 at a distance of 2977 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
||Clark Lake NE
|Hot Springs Mountain
||Borrego Palm Canyon
This was request number 30161144