The selected location is:
( 36°, 0', 24.5" N; 117°, 22', 8.4" W )
The legal description is: California, Mt. Diablo Meridian T22S,R43E,sec19
UTM zone 11 (X,Y) 466745 , 3984766
The elevation is 794 m ( 2604 ft )
The gradient is: 23.1
The aspect direction is: 357.8
The local roughness is: 15.1
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-117.3690, 36.0068; 794 m
The state and county are California: Inyo County 6027
The HUC is Panamint Valley
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Southern Basin and Range
(less typical) 14
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Anthony Mill Ruins; California: Inyo Co.
-117.3690, 36.0068 at a distance of 5 m
- Whittaker Iron Mine; California: Inyo Co.
-117.3562, 35.9872 at a distance of 2467 m
- Water Canyon mouth; California: Inyo Co.
-117.3415, 35.9796 at a distance of 3903 m
- Shepherd Canyon mouth; California: Inyo Co.
-117.3812, 36.0457 at a distance of 4459 m
- Onyx Mine; California: Inyo Co.
-117.3817, 36.0505 at a distance of 4987 m
- Slate Range Crossing; California: Inyo Co.
-117.3351, 35.9603 at a distance of 6003 m
- Kopper King Mine; California: Inyo Co.
-117.4190, 36.0521 at a distance of 6754 m
- Snooky Spring; California: Inyo Co.
-117.4267, 35.9578, ( 3807 ft ) at a distance of 7529 m
- Rock Spring; California: Inyo Co.
-117.3884, 35.9347 at a distance of 8195 m
- Peach Spring; California: Inyo Co.
-117.3756, 35.9281 at a distance of 8758 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
||Maturango Peak NE
||Maturango Peak SE
||Slate Range Crossing
This was request number 31712612