The selected location is:
( 36°, 3', 1.8" N; 117°, 22', 54.1" W )
The legal description is: California, Mt. Diablo Meridian T22S,R43E,sec6
UTM zone 11 (X,Y) 465620 , 3989617
The elevation is 855 m ( 2806 ft )
The gradient is: 12.3
The aspect direction is: 5.6
The local roughness is: 9.2
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-117.3817, 36.0505; 855 m
The state and county are California: Inyo County 6027
The HUC is Panamint Valley
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Southern Basin and Range
(less typical) 14
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Onyx Mine; California: Inyo Co.
-117.3817, 36.0505 at a distance of 5 m
- Shepherd Canyon mouth; California: Inyo Co.
-117.3812, 36.0457 at a distance of 529 m
- Kopper King Mine; California: Inyo Co.
-117.4190, 36.0521 at a distance of 3365 m
- Bendire Canyon mouth; California: Inyo Co.
-117.3884, 36.0849 at a distance of 3869 m
- Anthony Mill Ruins; California: Inyo Co.
-117.3690, 36.0068 at a distance of 4977 m
- Panamint Valley Crater; California: Inyo Co.
-117.3742, 36.0971 at a distance of 5220 m
- Millspaugh; California: Inyo Co.
-117.4609, 36.0460, ( 6156 ft ) at a distance of 7153 m
- Millspaugh (historical); California: Inyo Co.
-117.4617, 36.0457, ( 6200 ft ) at a distance of 7227 m
- Shepherd Canyon head;
-117.4709, 36.0402 at a distance of 8118 m
- Argus Range; California: Inyo Co.
-117.4684, 36.0857 at a distance of 8734 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
||Maturango Peak NE
||Maturango Peak SE
|Mountain Springs Canyon
||Slate Range Crossing
This was request number 29916154