The selected location is:
( 36°, 23', 23.6" N; 117°, 33', 45.4" W )
The legal description is: California, Mt. Diablo Meridian T18S,R41E,sec8
UTM zone 11 (X,Y) 449545 , 4027342
The elevation is 1425 m ( 4675 ft )
The gradient is: 13.1
The aspect direction is: 272.9
The local roughness is: 4.8
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-117.5626, 36.3899; 1425 m
The state and county are California: Inyo County 6027
The HUC is Panamint Valley
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Southern Basin and Range
(less typical) 14
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Darwin Plateau; California: Inyo Co.
-117.5626, 36.3899 at a distance of 4 m
- Rainbow Canyon head;
-117.5603, 36.3852 at a distance of 557 m
- Santa Rosa Wash mouth; California: Inyo Co.
-117.5717, 36.3677 at a distance of 2591 m
- Father Crowley Viewpoint; California: Inyo Co.
-117.5417, 36.3546 at a distance of 4339 m
- Lee Mines; California: Inyo Co.
-117.6117, 36.4443 at a distance of 7476 m
- Lucky Jim Wash head;
-117.6276, 36.3427 at a distance of 7837 m
- Darwin Falls; California: Inyo Co.
-117.5245, 36.3207 at a distance of 8402 m
- China Garden Spring; California: Inyo Co.
-117.5320, 36.3138 at a distance of 8876 m
- Santa Rosa Hills; California: Inyo Co.
-117.6403, 36.4518 at a distance of 9788 m
- Silver Dollar Mine; California: Inyo Co.
-117.6620, 36.3371 at a distance of 10671 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
|Santa Rosa Flat
|Talc City Hills
This was request number 31741528