The selected location is:
( 36°, 22', 3.7" N; 117°, 34', 18.1" W )
The legal description is: California, Mt. Diablo Meridian T18S,R41E,sec18
UTM zone 11 (X,Y) 448714 , 4024885
The elevation is 1342 m ( 4401 ft )
The gradient is: 12.9
The aspect direction is: 81.7
The local roughness is: 8.3
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-117.5717, 36.3677; 1342 m
The state and county are California: Inyo County 6027
The HUC is Panamint Valley
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Southern Basin and Range
(less typical) 14
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Santa Rosa Wash mouth; California: Inyo Co.
-117.5717, 36.3677 at a distance of 5 m
- Rainbow Canyon head;
-117.5603, 36.3852 at a distance of 2199 m
- Darwin Plateau; California: Inyo Co.
-117.5626, 36.3899 at a distance of 2599 m
- Father Crowley Viewpoint; California: Inyo Co.
-117.5417, 36.3546 at a distance of 3058 m
- Lucky Jim Wash head;
-117.6276, 36.3427 at a distance of 5731 m
- Darwin Falls; California: Inyo Co.
-117.5245, 36.3207 at a distance of 6716 m
- China Garden Spring; California: Inyo Co.
-117.5320, 36.3138 at a distance of 6958 m
- Silver Dollar Mine; California: Inyo Co.
-117.6620, 36.3371 at a distance of 8787 m
- Lee Mines; California: Inyo Co.
-117.6117, 36.4443 at a distance of 9231 m
- Sierra Talc Mine; California: Inyo Co.
-117.6673, 36.3346 at a distance of 9333 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
|Santa Rosa Flat
|Talc City Hills
This was request number 29788317