The selected location is:
( 36°, 18', 43.6" N; 117°, 43', 54.1" W )
The legal description is: California, Mt. Diablo Meridian T19S,R39E,sec3
UTM zone 11 (X,Y) 434314 , 4018814
The elevation is 1448 m ( 4751 ft )
The gradient is: 4.4
The aspect direction is: 79.3
The local roughness is: 5.8
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-117.7317, 36.3121; 1448 m
The state and county are California: Inyo County 6027
The HUC is Owens Lake
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Southern Basin and Range
(less typical) 14
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- Gill Corral; California: Inyo Co.
-117.7317, 36.3121 at a distance of 4 m
- Lower Centennial Flat; California: Inyo Co.
-117.7228, 36.2930 at a distance of 2261 m
- Eagle Point; California: Inyo Co.
-117.6934, 36.3407, ( 5160 ft ) at a distance of 4682 m
- White Swan Mine; California: Inyo Co.
-117.7217, 36.3549 at a distance of 4837 m
- Black Rock Canyon mouth; California: Inyo Co.
-117.7265, 36.2682 at a distance of 4889 m
- Viking Mine; California: Inyo Co.
-117.7106, 36.3546 at a distance of 5086 m
- Talc City Hills; California: Inyo Co.
-117.7009, 36.3582 at a distance of 5819 m
- Centennial Canyon mouth; California: Inyo Co.
-117.7656, 36.2663 at a distance of 5922 m
- Lower Centennial Spring; California: Inyo Co.
-117.7651, 36.2655 at a distance of 5975 m
- Talc City Mine; California: Inyo Co.
-117.6681, 36.3343 at a distance of 6221 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
||Santa Rosa Flat
||Talc City Hills
|Upper Centennial Flat
This was request number 30214177