The selected location is:
( 44°, 12', 43.6" N; 118°, 53', 1.0" W )
The legal description is: Oregon, Willamette Meridian T16S,R32E,sec4
UTM zone 11 (X,Y) 349522 , 4897156
The elevation is 1527 m ( 5010 ft )
The gradient is: 23.6
The aspect direction is: 69.0
The local roughness is: 22.2
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-118.8836, 44.2121; 1527 m
The state and county are Oregon: Grant County 41023
The HUC is Upper John Day
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Blue Mountains
(more typical) 11
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- West Fork Wickiup Creek head;
-118.8836, 44.2121 at a distance of 4 m
- Crawford Gulch head;
-118.8839, 44.2188 at a distance of 742 m
- Spion Copp; Oregon: Grant Co.
-118.8764, 44.2052, ( 5603 ft ) at a distance of 963 m
- Trail Spring; Oregon: Grant Co.
-118.8703, 44.2024 at a distance of 1518 m
- Frys Camp Spring; Oregon: Grant Co.
-118.8822, 44.1927 at a distance of 2161 m
- Dry Soda Lookout; Oregon: Grant Co.
-118.9108, 44.2082, ( 5593 ft ) at a distance of 2214 m
- Lower Gap Creek mouth; Oregon: Grant Co.
-118.8633, 44.2257 at a distance of 2218 m
- West Fork Wickiup Creek mouth; Oregon: Grant Co.
-118.8555, 44.2132 at a distance of 2252 m
- Crawford Gulch mouth; Oregon: Grant Co.
-118.8636, 44.2266 at a distance of 2270 m
- Owner Gap Creek mouth; Oregon: Grant Co.
-118.8611, 44.2255 at a distance of 2335 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
||Pine Creek Mountain
|Rail Creek Butte
||Jumpoff Joe Mountain
This was request number 30031928