The selected location is:
( 40°, 55', 54.5" N; 122°, 30', 10.1" W )
The legal description is: California, Mt. Diablo Meridian T36N,R6W,sec36
UTM zone 10 (X,Y) 541858 , 4531305
The elevation is 609 m ( 1999 ft )
The gradient is: 9.2
The aspect direction is: 293.5
The local roughness is: 7.3
The location as decimal degrees (X,Y;Z) =
-122.5028, 40.9318; 609 m
The state and county are California: Shasta County 6089
The HUC is Sacramento headwaters
Place point in HUC
The Omernik ecoregion is Sierra Nevada
(more typical) 5
The 1:100,000 map (if available);
Switch to TerraServer
Zoom on that location with radius =
5 km ;
10 km ;
20 km ;
30 km ;
Nearby named places (in order by distance)
- North Fork Dog Creek mouth; California: Shasta Co.
-122.5028, 40.9318 at a distance of 4 m
- McKinsey Ridge; California: Shasta Co.
-122.5164, 40.9293 at a distance of 1182 m
- Chase Gulch head;
-122.4897, 40.9396 at a distance of 1399 m
- Topnotch Ridge; California: Shasta Co.
-122.5180, 40.9255 at a distance of 1463 m
- Lookout Point; California: Shasta Co.
-122.5205, 40.9335 at a distance of 1505 m
- Barrel Gulch mouth; California: Shasta Co.
-122.5189, 40.9380 at a distance of 1521 m
- Lunch Gulch mouth; California: Shasta Co.
-122.5189, 40.9396 at a distance of 1609 m
- Little South Fork Dog Creek mouth; California: Shasta Co.
-122.4842, 40.9277 at a distance of 1630 m
- Chase Gulch mouth; California: Shasta Co.
-122.4828, 40.9302 at a distance of 1692 m
- French Ridge; California: Shasta Co.
-122.5067, 40.9157 at a distance of 1822 m
The 7.5 minute series topographic maps for that area
||Whisky Bill Peak
||Chicken Hawk Hill
This was request number 30112697